Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Goodbye for now

Now I knew how it feels to be totally away from your family and friends in exchange with entire strangers, distant relatives and a few friends from your hometown. Yet, it’s a relief to have someone you know than no one at all, right?

It was hard to bid everyone goodbye in person, ‘coz my stock of tears are all on the verge of falling. Though I would only be away for 5 months or more, yet it was the longest span that I’m going to be away for consecutive months. I kissed my relatives older than me, and the kids kissed me. It’s already a tradition in our family. I was on the edge of crying but I forced it back. My eyes were glassy when I pulled out.

When I was at the van bound for Davao, my tears splashed down. I draped my hair on the other side to hide my upwelling tears from my Dad who was just right outside the van. I keep on pushing the upsetting momentum yet it knocks out of my brain. I was still crying when the van lurched forward and set off for a long bumpy journey.

Yet, pictures of my family flashed involuntarily at my mind. I always try to wave it off. I turned to observe the clouds we were traversing thousands of altitude on air which seemed like cotton sprawled everywhere; the blue seas which looked like a vast tile of unwavering water and scrutinize it properly and relish as I see the tiny ripples; and the green mountainous surface below, the tiny squares of the civilization, the snaky white paths of ridges, and the labyrinthine paved roads of the cities.

In that way, I temporarily forgot the idea nudging me a while ago. When I got tired of examining the profound resources below, I open my book “The Tenth Gift “ and read, moving to another world of 16th century England.

Anyway, enough of my imaginations. Haha. Now, I must face my new life here in Iloilo.

No comments:

Post a Comment