Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Lost Dreams

What dreams have I forgotten?

Honestly speaking, I forgot. But if I were to devise the question into which dreams i once had, i may be able to answer.

I once dreamed to be an astronaut, a doctor or a scientist. I once had these lofty dreams when I was young because of my huge interest in science. I really thought I would tread this path until Biology, Chemistry and Physics came. My interest and my ability to cope up in these subjects deteriorated. I hated the subject, and I also hated the teachers. But nothing beats my hate for Math.

When I was a bit older, I decided to be an accountant because of my parents constant encouragement. I programmed my mind and set my path towards being an accountant for four years, until I got too engrossed in reading court room dramas and decided I want to be a lawyer.

I am now in the final years of my pre-law course, Political Science. And yet, I do not see myself as a lawyer. I've been too afraid to take risks and mistakes. I didn't want humiliation. I know, that I should get rid of this unhealthy attitude and mindset. Maybe what I need is a new environment to change, and new people to face.It seemed like running away, but I want to change, to be real, and learn standing up even when I fall many times.

My dream of being a lawyer is slowly fading. My future is uncertain.Will it completely be forgotten someday like my dream of being an astronaut, doctor and a scientist?

No comments:

Post a Comment