Saturday, June 1, 2013

ASEAN Youth Exchange Program 2013






When they ask me, "how was Thailand?" I always answer, "It was very hot." I respond that short because I really don't wanna waste people's time. Seriously, nobody actually wants to listen. It's just for social interaction's sake. But deep inside, I wanted to say so many things about what happened. So if anyone wants to genuinely ask me how-was-Thailand, please prepare a chair, a hot coffee or tea, and listen to me ramble aimlessly without giving you the chance to talk. :)

ASEAN Youth Exchange Program was my first international exposure. I wasn't really interested in things like this before, and I didn't even know that things like this exist. hahaha

To give everyone an idea with what actually happened in this program, we had get together activities, ASEAN lectures, workshops, discussion groups and excursions to Chulalongkorn University, Siam Museum, Ayutthaya, and Arts of the Kingdom and Anantha Samakhom Throne Hall. Aside from programmed events, we also strolled and shopped at the Train market, night market at Siam Square, Siam Paragon, Terminal 21, MBK. Some went to Chatuchak and Pratunam, but i wasn't able to. Some also went to Patpong!!! I should've gone there too. I missed 1/4 of real Thailand experience. haha

Ever since I flew back and now trying to put myself back together and start my normal life, I've been missing everyone. I can even remember people's voice, and each time i read comments on facebook, I can actually hear them talking. I hope it remains this way, because I really don't want to forget.

I can also hear EDDY's voice saying:
PYs Two claps . . .
Track 1 up to track 7. . .
Give me your five. . .
My heart goes shalalala!
Tudududut!
4 powers
If your happy and you know it clap your hands!
and of course the song, Brunei and Cambodia, Indonesia and Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar. Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.

I can also hear BINT and TOP (my teacher) singing Jaow ma jaow jam juk nam ning lai luk nuk tung kon jaow! (spelling credits to JARK and PANG)

and Thai's chicken dance, Kai yang took pao ... Kai yang took pao ... Man ja took mai siep ... Man ja took mai siep ... Siep tood sai ... Siep tood khaw ... Ron jing jing ... Ron jing jing ... Ron jing jing. (credits to PANG)

There are also some moments I will forever remember. :)
Like . . .

Sleeping at Suvarnabhumi Airport
(I was in sitting position while sleeping beside Alvin)


Get-to-know activities
 (I was shortest. So that's me being interviewed how does it feel to be cutest. :p)



Tours
Campus Tour - Chulalongkorn University

Wat Pho
Ayutthaya
Floating Market

Arts of the Kingdom and Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall



Side Trips
Terminal 21

At the subway station: Off to Train Market

Cheers and Yells
(Just look how we brought it ON! Funny faces.)

Lectures




Sleeping on Lectures



Workshops - Media and Photography
(I have a funny face here. haha)



Workshop Field work
w/ Group 3 :)



Discussion Groups - Reproductive Health
(We all looked so happy with our inflated condoms. haha)



Games


The fooood :)


Sunshine :)
Though my sunshine never revealed him/herself




Pretending to be a Chula student



ASEAN Cultural Night


Team Philippines

Dancing Binasuan with Jero


Click here to watch the whole video of the Cultural Presentation



And of course, Have fun
Be crazy
And make Philippines proud. hahaha


Even if I tell every bits and pieces of what happened and bore you to death for reading this post, no exact words can really describe how everyone bonded in this program. I also don't want to share everything, because it's something only the AYERA delegates have in common.

 (Seriously, I'm just too lazy to write every single thing).

AYERA delegates

Team Philippines w/ LOs Penn, James and Mui.



Photo credits to:
June W. Tri-yasakda
Faye Travilla
Alvin Faminial
Karl Abalajon
Jero Aligora











2 comments:

  1. wow. haha. priceless moments! and i like your make up. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. priceless. :) unforgettable experience. I even miss everyone right now.
      p.S the make up? I did it myself. There was no one I could rely to, and i brought my own stuff.

      Delete