Saturday, June 15, 2013

Meet my Dad

My facebook timeline is flooded with pictures of everyone's father with messages of love and gratitude. I am not sweet towards my family but somehow I envy them. Somewhere deep inside also wanted to post something about my dad. I tried looking for pictures but i know we didn't have a picture together. I have pictures of his trip to Japan, but then I thought it would be unfair to post something because i didn't do anything special during Mothers' day. So, i thought my mother would get jealous. haha. So, I'd better do it in my blog - a more discreet approach.


This is my father, Jethel Kapunan or Dodoy. We call him Papang for short "Pang", not tatay, papa, dad, or daddy. My cousins call him Daddy, but not us. haha. He is a very strict Dad, generous to others but stingy to his family. But somehow i adore his generosity. He gives a lot especially to those who need it. We also get things, but sometimes i need to justify why I need a certain material.

He taught us how to be contented with simple life. A small house, inexpensive clothes, homecooked meals, and organic food. He is very stingy with material things but not with food. We always have good food. He always say, we don't need a high standard of living. We will always be simple. Though sometimes, i really would like to disagree. Not that I wanted living rich, but because I want to go out, expand, and not to remain stagnant. It is a good thing to be simple but sometimes, it is also good to grow and improve. Aim high!

Sometimes, my dad and i differ on ideologies, and with that, we argue. I got so many qualities from him. Some say, I exactly look like him or that i am his carbon-copy or a female version of Jethel. We are both really lazy in household chores but diligent in workplace/school. He taught me how to travel fearlessly and independently that is why i now got his "cowboy" style in terms of travelling. I can now basically go anywhere i want.

There are lots of things to say, about my father. And if i say everything, it will eventually take up your time. But I want you to be aware that i am so proud of my father - reliable, responsible, hardworking and generous (to others only).

P.S. To Papang: I may not be the best daughter, I may not reach your benchmark of expectation, I may give you a couple of headaches especially sakit sa bulsa but i assure you, everything i do is for you, Mamang, Mimi and Che Che. Someday i will repay your efforts and you will never have headaches and sighs anymore. 

And finally, Happy Fathers' Day!
Happy Fathers day to all fathers out there!



2 comments:

  1. cool.....these are the words in my heart... ur blog filled that.... belated wishes to ur dad.. and he can b proud of u... :)God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. :) belated happy fathers day to your dad too. :)

      Delete