Monday, May 2, 2011

Monkey Eating Black Beans

Oh, here’s Gelai, my youngest cousin. I miss her so much. She’s more than a year old now. Everyone’s so fond of our little Gelai. Anyway, her real name’s Abiella Marie. She’s named after our late uncle Abiel.

Well, Gelai came with Uncle Totot and Aunt Nida on the way here at home. I saw Gelai last January during our gathering. She stopped being familiar with me since I left for college. She cries whenever I get near her. She doesn’t know me anymore. But just this morning, she came. I cuddled her and showed her our animals. I showed her our puppy, Iskamirat, our pigs, carabao, chicken, cow and goat. Gelai could utter words now, but the funny thing is, she just speaks the last syllable. It goes this way:

Me: BA
Gelai: Ba
Me: Boy
Gelai: Boy
Me: Baboy
Gelai: BOY!

She’s like that! She’s so ridiculous. I can’t help my self but be amused. Manok becomes Nok, Baka becomes Ka. She also speaks the words “So What.”

She also has some spirit in eating. She ate Otap, lollipop, steamed banana and the most amusing of all is black beans. She eats on top of the table placing the saucer of black beans in between her spread short legs and picks up a bean one at a time.


I just find Gelai so cute with this though she has been so shambolic and greasy after eating her black beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment