Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pol.Sci's Legislative Pilgrimage - DAY 3

If it wasn’t because of Pedring, this day must have been the greatest day of the tour.

SUPREME COURT!!!
NATIONAL MUSEUM!!!
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES WITH SHAMCEY SUPSUP!!!
COURTESY CALL JERRY TREÑAS!!!
HOUSE TOUR!!!
PLENARY HALL FOR SESSION!!!
MALLING!!! TRINOMA!!!


These words in the itinerary were shouting in my mind telling me how worthless this day was.

We were all prepared to go to our first stop, the Supreme Court. The bus took a little while in fetching us which made us run on a very tight schedule anew.

While waiting for the bus
                                                 
Just staring at the Supreme Court’s facade was really overwhelming. Imagine yourself standing outside the seat of justice in the country. But that feeling was obstructed when the coordinator broke to us the bad news that the offices were closed today. We were so disappointed. We thought we could never go to the Supreme Court or any other places in the itinerary. Each and everyone’s faces were ashen with disappointment.

Supreme Court's photo from the bus


The coordinator decided to let us have our lunch at Robinsons Manila. Yet, another awful news broke in – streets where flooded and not to mention the flood, we were also stuck in the traffic. We decided to stay on the bus and not have our lunch for we don’t want our shoes get wet, but the coordinator and Sir Shim insisted that we should get off the bus.

We’ve got no choice by then but to get our shoes wet. I tried my best to make my feet dry. I rolled up my pants, tiptoed, hopped, ran in a very funny motion as if by doing that, I wouldn’t get my self wet. It was too late by then to take off my shoes so there was nothing I could do now. Water has already seeped in the deep recesses of my shoes! Hah!

took off my shoes after getting it soaked - FUTILE!!!

With shoes soaked and squeaky, we can’t just walk to the mall with that, can we? So we walked towards our dining place inside the mall barefooted.

everyone walking barefoot. (except KAYLE)

The demand for slippers rose drastically as we can’t take to be barefooted any longer. We dispersed and bought slippers at Human and some at the department store.

It’s time for lunch now. And it’s eat-all-you-can. There were lots of food to choose from – soup, main dish, side dishes, and desserts. Another meal wasted for me, because my developing wisdom tooth was really aching.

Eat All You Can!

When we were about to leave, and were already waiting outside Robinsons, we were informed that we can’t go at that time. We’ll stay at the mall until 1:30. Everyone headed back, and decided what to do to buy time.

And we’ve decided to do the following:






We got back at Cabalen on the designated time but then another news broke out that we can’t go back until 4pm. So we decided to talk for a while and later agreed to watch a movie. The power was down so we’ve got no choice but to climb up the useless escalator. It was pretty tiring. By the time we reached the cinema, we asked how much and when we knew it was one hundred eighty pesos (PhP180), we backed out and consoled ourselves, that we would just watch that movie at Iloilo.

We roamed around and found a bowling place. We entered but Jessa Apiado and I went down to look for a loading station. That’s the time where Sir Shim told us that we were all good to go. So, we immediately head upstairs to break the news. By the time we reached the place, Nong Carl was already there and was just waiting for them to finish the game.

We headed back to the bus where we waited for ages for the others to come. There was no signal with Smart users at that time so it was hard to communicate. Luckily, I am also a Globe user and, so is my twin, Yvonne. That way, people at the bus and people waiting for other people at Robinsons were able to communicate.

It took us ages before we were able to jump off and head back to the hotel. Well of course, we rested our exhausted bodies and prepared to have dinner at Greenbelt particularly at Lorenzo’s Way.

Dinner at Lorenzo's Way

To tell you, the food was awesome, scrumptious and mouth watering. That was the best meal for the whole duration of the tour. The Mongolian rice was the best. Even Sir Shim loves it too! Just thinking about the food makes my mouth water.

The dinner was really fun. Imagine yourself talking about some private stuff with your professor listening. My classmates really had guts to talk about stuff like that. All we could do was laugh. We even invited Sir Shim to have a couple of drinks at our place along with our classmates and some fourth years.

We rearranged the room suitable for the upcoming bonding where everyone would be comfortable. We bought and prepared tequilas and other paraphernalia for this evening.

slicing up lemons for the drunkards

Despite the fact that I was one of the excited ones to have our Professor join us, and was also one of the people who prepared most for this evening, I wasn’t able to join them, because I got some calls from home and at Iloilo. So, I was stuck at the room for hours talking and blabbering about stuff happening to me. Some of my friends don’t even know I was in. By the time I got out, Sir Shim already left, and that was the time I started drinking and made up for my losses.

I don’t know until what time they were up still drinking. All I know is that I was already bagged down and slept heavily to be prepared for the last day of the tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment