Thursday, May 6, 2010

Swimming Craze

The day was 5th of May, birth date of two of my classmates - Glovarn and Tin Tin. I was invited to come on Glov’s celebration and not on Tin Tin’s. Yet, it was okay, I’d rather have at least one invitation than two and have a dilemma on which party I’ll be present at. I can’t be in two places at once.

I went there with Honey, Aika, and Kat. Honey and I met up at the terminal; we fetched Aika, and beckoned Kat from a waiting shed in front of NDTC.

I’ve anticipated finding at least 50 people ‘coz Glov told me so. Yet, There are only few. I just came back, so I missed my friends. We chatted, laughed, teased at each other like we used to do during our school days. We feasted on the food laid before us and a little while later, rode a truck jumping off to Seneres.

It was a tough bumpy ride. Some of us are in standing position, firmly gripping the iron railings overhead and beside us. The driving was harsh, that we, passengers seemed like logs piled up on the truck. We staggered on our feet at every hump we go straight into. Some of us fell off their feet and hit their butts with a dull thud on the iron base. We hunch down on every branches and twigs that brushed the truck as we chugged to our destination. The ride was fun, anyhow. Ha ha ha.

We reached Seneres, changed on our swimming attires. Some of the girls didn’t. They preferred to watch us devour the enjoyment of the waters. The boys played games with themselves. We dare not join them for we would really exhaust ourselves. Only I and Hani know how to swim, so we were swimming across the enormous pool. Aika and Cha really need assistance. I do, too, ‘coz I can’t last long on the deep waters, but I can swim forth for my own safety. Short distances, though.

We didn’t last long, we need to go home early. We eased ourselves out of the pool and changed clothes. The boys were left behind. Still, enjoying themselves. We lingered for several minutes which seemed like years for them to get tired of swimming. Yet, they didn’t. Did you know that they took of their shorts and swam with only their briefs on? But, we were not there of course. Glov just told me that they did. Ha ha ha.

We all got tired of waiting for them, so some of us decided to start walking out of this place. I, rhem and kat, were left behind, idling on our seats. I stood up reluctantly, sluggishly pacing after them, but before I made more steps onward, the truck came! Thank God. So, I called the boys out on the top of my voice for I no longer have the strength to go down the flight of steps and be back on top again.
I followed up a text message and yelled. After short moments, they came up, and moved out of Seneres. We had that enjoyable and bumpy ride again, and went on our respective homes.
Just another happy page of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment