Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jeepney rides

I've started my day right. Same as usual, though I already lived on a new environment. New room, new people hanging around. This was my first whole day at Iloilo as a graduate.

Today's the only time I've got to get my results at WVSU. So, I rolled out of bed, went to the bathroom, bathe, and took my breakfast alone. When i was ready, I realized, I do not know my way to West. What jeepney should I ride? Where should I drop? Which way to walk at my next jeeepney? I refrained riding taxi 'coz it's quite expensive. Remember, I'm alone here. I need to budget! Damn! I also wanted to be used at the turns and rounds at Iloilo. Any way, I can't ride taxi at every destination!

As the fact nudge my senses, I gathered my guts to ask Cheche where to start my journey. I rode a jeepney from San miguel, went for a walk beside Jaro Cathedral, and rode another jeepney labeled Jaro CPU.

I'm telling you,jeepney is the hardest thing I've ever known here. You have to walk for a jeepney ride. Not only that, you'll have several jeeps to sit your butt on before reaching your place.

The jeepney halted once i spoke, "lugar lang". I ducked my way down the jeepney and headed for WVSU. I did my purpose there, paced at every paved road I saw leading to the buiding of my purpose.

My batchmates Chester and Aris and I decided to stroll at SM City Mandurriao. Then again, after my so-called business at west, I asked inquired again for directions at a pharmacy. You know what? it really takes lot of courage to ask people you don't know!I crossed the main road and looked for a jeep labeled sm city. yet, i found none. So i looked for another person to ask. Wanna know my style? I look for a person who's all alone. haha. The woman I asked was really kind. She taught me directions and accompanied me to my first stop. She's great! I reached SM city.

We strolled till our muscles ached, ate, bought my favorite coke float at mangdonaldo twice and watched clash of the Titans.

It was time to go home. Another jeepney ride. Which way now? haha. Once again, i queried cheche through text message. She said, I must cross the ovepass then ride back home on a SM Mandurriao jeepney.

And so I was home!

You know what? The moral lesson is, BE FRIENDLY, dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment