Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Learn it too!

I feel I have learned lots of things this day.

1. Did you know what CUTE is in hiligaynon? It's ARIKUTOY. haha. It's really funny to say you are "arikutoy".

2. I just knew that BWISIT is derived from BULLSHIT. Forgive me. haha.

3. YUDIPUTA? It's spanish origin is HIJO DE PUGA. Dunno what it really means. But Hijo is a boy, i guess.

4. The early filipinos in the visayas before the malayan influence used other terms for their months and days.

Monday - tigburukad
Tuesday - dumason
wednesday - Dukot-dukot
Thursday - baylo-baylo
Friday - Dang-us
Saturday - Hingot-hingot
Sunday - Ligid-ligid.

January - Ulalong
February - Dagang-kahoy
March - Dagang-bulan
April - Kiling
May - hinabuyan
June - kabay
July - Hidapdapon
August - Lubad-lubad
September - Kangurulsol
October - bagyo-bagyo
November - Panglot nga diutay
December - Panglot nga Daku.

5. I also learned an Aklanon sentence. RU ARWANG GAEUNG-GAEUNG. It means "Ang karbaw ga tubog sa turugban." haha. I don't exactly remember. All I know is I really can't speak it in an Aklanon way. It really sounded that they speak it with R and NG at the same time. I end up saying it, GAGOG-GAGOG or GAROG-GAROG or GAWOG-GAWOG. haha. I speak it with either R or G or W. Can't speak it with both. My tongue was strung up. GOSH.

No comments:

Post a Comment